Thursday, December 31, 2009

FO: Christmas Tree Scarf

2009 Christmas gift for my mom.
Even though I had to race to finish this (I think I had it blocking Dec 23rd?) I enjoyed this project a lot. This is one lace patterned scarf I can see myself knitting again.


Ravelry Project Link

When I first began knitting, I realized that this pattern looked a little like Christmas trees, especially when taking the green yarn into account! I still liked it (and knew that the five knit rows per pattern repeat would be an asset to finishing in time) so I continued on. I knit two strands of Knit Picks Gloss Lace together to get a fingering weight yarn and I subtracted one pattern repeat (width-wise) from the pattern to end up with a 8" wide scarf. I was surprised by how much the yarn grew after blocking the entire scarf. It ended up growing nearly 15" lengthwise (finished dimensions 8"x65").

Overall, very happy with this scarf. And mom liked it too. :)

And thanks again to my sis for modeling!

No comments: