Thursday, December 31, 2009

A few things

Here's a few little things I wanted to mention before the New Year. :)

A while back Celeste gifted me this beautiful yarn she'd purchased from Joji, a woman who hand dyes in Argentina. The yarn is just lovely, the coloring is subtle but still defined and the yarn is very soft as well. I was so surprised by this gift, and am treasuring this yarn until I decide on the perfect project for it. It's 460 yds of fingering/sport weight so I have a lot of options!

Check out Celeste's post about her other purchases from Joji, or Joji's blog to see more of this lovely yarn.


This lovely alpaca laceweight was my Christmas gift from Celeste. (She knows my color preferences really well!) The color is a bit closer to a green (though it's still a blue-green) and has some subtle heathering. Very pretty...this is what I'm planning on making with it. Oh, and note the scale too. A Christmas present from my brother. I don't think he had any idea why exactly I wanted a scale, but he delivered! ;)


With the yarn, Celeste also said a pattern was included. She'd had a pattern in mind, but then realized it wasn't the right yarn weight so she had me choose one instead. I knew almost immediately I wanted to knit the cowl pattern linked above with the yarn and that that particular pattern was free so I suggested Audrey in Unst (even though I wouldn't be able to use the yarn for it, so I kind of cheated) and a few days later:

Audrey



The pattern is written for sportweight, but I'm knitting it with Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud (a laceweight) and loving it. The fabric is just lovely, I wish you could feel it!

No comments: