Ravelry Project Link
I was so glad when I finished knitting these mittens! I started with my row gauge too small thinking that I'd just re-chart the tips of the mittens if they ended up too short. Not as easy as I thought it would be at all! I also had to spend quite a bit of time working out the thumbs. The back of the thumb is left uncharted in the Selbuvotter book, so I worked it out in Microsoft Excel along with the front of the thumb which I edited from the original (in the original, the middle diamond is solid and split down the middle).
Once I finally got the tips and thumbs re-charted and knit up, I was happy with the way these mittens fit me, but I still wasn't sure how they would fit the recipient. Luckily when I gifted them I found that they not only fit perfectly, but the recipient loved them. Yay!