I'm still trying to decide how to finish the bottom of the sweater (currently it is just a provisional cast on). Since I subtracted a lot of the positive ease from the pattern, the top is a lot more fitted now. At first I was a little bummed that it wasn't quite as "puffy" as I'd wanted, but since this yarn probably would have "drooped" more than it "puffed" I'm glad I made it a little smaller. Also, cotton is Heavy, so I think it will be more comfortable to wear without those extra stitches.
But anyway, now I'm trying to decide if I should go with the pattern's ribbing for the bottom of the sweater or try to attempt my original plan of the drawstring.
I think I'll pop a lifeline in and do a little experimenting. Somehow "experimenting" over 200sts doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but I guess I'll have to go for it!
Now for the spinning part of the post. I've been busy with the drop spindle again, and am still having a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately I had more of the merino top (first batch blogged here) than I first thought, and I think I'll be working on this a lot before I finally finish!
Also, I'll be going to my first fiber festival this weekend and I am SOO excited!
I'll probably just look and take business cards for the most part, but I do hope to purchase a .5oz drop spindle for some laceweight spinning, along with lots of different blends of fiber to experiment with.
I'm not going to make any huge purchases (though I'm so tempted to pick up an angora bunny!) I just want to buy some things to have fun and experiment with. Full details will be posted! :)