Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cherry Tree Hill Socks


Ravelry Project Link
Pattern: BFF Socks (rav link)
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino (colourway: water)
Needle: Addi Turbo size 0 (2mm)
Made for: me
Size: Med (women's 9 foot)

Mods: went down to 68sts (instead of 72) for the foot. I did my standard toe decrease pattern. Which is: (on magic loop) Dec four sts evenly (k1, ssk, knit till three sts remain, k2tog, k1, repeat for second needle) every other round until 32sts, dec four sts every round until 16sts. Graft sts.

I really liked this pattern, very quick and easy. The socks are pretty comfy, though little bulky as well.
The yarn is wonderful, definitely a new favourite! Next time though, I will buy this in a solid, it will be much easier to find a pattern for it!


I'm now working on finishing up the lace scarf I started, that should be completed by next week. Then I have to come up with a project to knit on a few weekend trips I have to take soon...
Also, I'm almost finished with the second fabric basket and soon to start this bag.

And of course, I'm still waiting anxiously for some warm weather. There's nothing like being ready for spring and being greeted with below freezing temperatures when one steps outside...yuck.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Pretty socks!

I'm looking forward to seeing your "little boxy pouch" - that looks like a cute and fun pattern.

Jennifer said...

Cheery socks. Love them. Ive not tried this sock yarn might need to! What am I saying...I've knit 100 stitches all week. I'm not feeling like a real knitter currentl. Just gotta get to March 15th and I'll be back to 1 job and normal knitting.