Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Chocolate Chip Bars


I love baking. Lately, I've been trying to hone in on my skills a bit by baking more complicated desserts/breads, but today was a day for simplicity. So I opted for basic chocolate chip bars.

You can find the recipe I used inside the large containers of Quaker Oats. The recipe is called "disappearing oatmeal raisin cookies" or something like that.
After discovering this recipe's yummyness, my family made a few mods (as follows) to make it even better.

1. Replace the cinnamon and raisins with chocolate chips (lots of chocolate chips)
2. Spread mixture into a 13x9 pan to make bars instead of cookies...it saves time and creates a lot of good ol' chewiness.
3. This isn't really a mod, just a handy tip: Use parchment paper in the pan, makes for easy serving, zero cleanup and less burnt edges.

The work-in-progress:

Check out that golden brown deliciousness...

No comments: