Saturday, June 28, 2008

Secret Project: Argyle Mitts


I finally finished the secret project I've been working on, Argyle Fingerless Mitts. I wrote the pattern myself, after being unable to find anything similar on Ravelry. It's a very basic design which was fun (and fast!) to knit.

I used Knit Picks Palette, which is a great basic yarn. I enjoyed my first time spilt-splicing, which was a very exciting experience to be sure (no more ends!!!). :P

As I worked the intarsia, I found it easiest to use long pieces of yarn (about a yard long) and frequently spilt-splice the ends. I tried using butterflies, but they kept getting tangled up and took forever to untangle.

Anyways, all the pattern needs now is a better name (Argyle mitts is just too obvious, don't you think?), and some better pics, and then it will be published to my blog!
A pic of the in-progress glove:



A glimpse of the WS of one glove (on this one I duplicate-stitched the white "X's") ...yeah, it's pretty bad...

No comments: