Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dainty and Cozy: A Newborn Cardigan



What a joy to knit this tiny sweater. 


Pattern: Baby Mine by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee



I had this yarn in my stash for quite some time (DROPS Baby Merino), and had attempted a few sweater patterns with it. I started one, then realized the pattern would eat up far more than the two skeins I had on hand. I started again, and then the gauge wasn't quite right. Back to the stash it went.



Finally, I found the perfect match with the Baby Mine pattern. The lace pattern, garter yoke, and tiny size all helped this knit fly off the needles. As soon as I finished, I wanted to make another. (And I probably will!)


I recently gifted this to my good friend and her precious new baby girl. 
Cozy wool helping to stave off the frigid winter. 

No comments: