Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A new haunt of mine

BurdaStyle

I recently started reading The Selfish Seamstress blog (check it out if you have a bit of time, her sewing is just fantastic; here's a link directly to her finished objects category) and since she sews using a lot of Burda patterns I became quite curious about Burda. After a bit of googling I found the pattern magazines and the BurdaStyle community website. After a bit of looking around last night I made an account. My username is The Moebius Sock if you want to look at my (currently empty) page.

Basically this is a sewing site that appears to me to have similarities to Ravelry and even a bit of Facebook. It's a Burda site however, so it doesn't have a pattern library like Ravelry (just Burda and user patterns it appears) and it isn't purely a community sewing site. It also has some annoying ads. I'm still learning the format, but so far I've discovered a lot of things that appeal to me. I've already added several projects to my favorites and a few tutorials to my "toolkit" to try out in the future.

I'm still keeping up with knitting of course, but for now I've hit the point where I really want to improve my sewing skills (and production levels for that matter!) so I'll probably be focusing on that for a little while.

Have fun looking around :)

No comments: