Friday, July 24, 2009

Apple Crisp

Earlier this week I made Apple Crisp from the American Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.
Here's what happened...

1. Chop apples (was making for a crowd, so this took 'forever and a day' (name that poet)).
2. Zest and juice lemon.
3. Add lemon zest and sugar to apples.
4. Eat half of the lemon sugar apples because they were just so good.
5. Begin making the crumble topping by spending 10 minutes walking in circles around the kitchen glancing at the cookbook for ingredient amounts, retrieving ingredients, checking the cookbook again and then finding the appropriate measuring utensil...That's me!


6. Cover apples in the crumble topping which I somehow managed to finish even through my unfocused efforts.


7. Go downstairs and completely forget I have a pan of apple crisp in the oven.
8. Rejoice that even in my forgetfulness, I did not burn the crisp.
9. Let cool.
10. Realize I don't have any vanilla ice cream.
11. Serve it anyway.
12. Ignore subtle comments like "imagine if we had some sort of sweet high fat dairy product to go on top of this"
13. Realize the next day that I completely forgot to take pictures of the finished product.
14. Take picture of the now revolting looking post-refridgeration crisp (which actually remained quite tasty in spite of its appearance)

I'll do better next time.




I still have a few more things to blog about, so I'll try to do that before Monday. :)

2 comments:

Celestial said...

I'm giggling because this is so you!

Teresa said...

Maybe I'll eat anything, but I think the post-refrigeration photos lok\ok yummy!