Saturday, May 23, 2009

Long rows and new yarn.

As previously mentioned, I'm currently knitting the Lovegood Cardi and loving it. But dudes, the rows are getting so long! I can't wait until I get to put the sleeves on stitch holders and just knit the body.

I bought the buttons for the cardi at Joann's this weekend. It was a hard choice, the selection was a lot larger than I expected. But I finally decided:


Also, this weekend my LYS had a 20% off sale, which was fun. In addition to some other things, I picked up the last two skeins of Cascade heritage in the "snow" colourway for the Whisper cardi (from the Spring 2009 Interweave Knits). At first, I was worried the colour would be too "cream/ivory" for me, but I think it will be fine.


I went to the LYS twice, once on Friday to scoop up some of the clearanced 50% yarn (and ensure I got the skeins of the Cascade!) and again Saturday morning with Celeste. On Saturday I got to try out the Schacht Ladybug Spinning Wheel out and I found I liked it a lot. I'm still not exactly sure which wheel I want to get though. It's a tough choice, and since I'm a newbie spinner, I can't really evaluate each wheel as effectively as I'd like. I do plan on trying out a few more before I finally decide. And, like I told Celeste, since I've only saved up 1/3 of the money I'll need to buy one, I certainly have plenty of time to dwell on the decision. ;)

3 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

The Lovegood is cute! I just peeked over at Ravelry. I like your buttons, too, although I'm a big fan of shanked buttons so the sewing thread doesn't show. It's all good.

Ellen said...

Good point on the buttons. I'll have to remember that the next time I buy them. :)

Teresa said...

I really like the yarn for the Whisper. I think it'll look great :)