Friday, April 24, 2009

Drawstring Bag



Another one!
I really love this tutorial, it's so easy to follow, and the bag is so much fun to sew.
I used a sheer fabric for the lining. I was pretty sure it was going to be 100% unsuitable, but since it matched the bag and I wanted to de-stash it, I used it anyway, and in the end it worked out pretty well. I tacked the corners down and that helped make the bag feel a bit more sturdy.

I used 3" squares instead of 2.5" and ribbon for the drawstring, like the last bag.

So far, the other one has gotten a lot of use, I've been bringing it everywhere. It's so handy to have everything I need for my knitting project in one bag, ready-to-go. And it's so much cuter than a ziptop bag. My yarn doesn't get caught coming out of the bag either.

Even though I had a lot of fun sewing this, I must mention that the sewing machine and I are officially irreconcilable. I had to sew at least 50% of this bag by hand. I think I need to start saving up for a machine of my own. A nice, fresh, new one. That actually umm, sews. Yes, that sounds good. ;)

Now I just have one more reason to stay on my recently self-imposed yarn-diet. "Diet" meaning that I can't buy yarn unless it's 1. at the Fiber Festival, 2. on sale at my LYS, or 3. an amazing deal that I really, really, really can't pass up.
Hmm, maybe I should get a little more serious about this... ;) I really am going to try to stick to it though.
I'm going to use this bag to carry around my next sweater project, but after that? Well, I think might have an idea...

No comments: