Thursday, January 1, 2009

Knitting: 2009 Edition

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I'm getting excited for another year of knitting and thought I'd quick write up a post detailing a few of my knitting "goals".

1. I will totally conquer stranded knitting (and Fair Isle). My misshapen swatches will not have the last word. Selbuvotter, here I come.

2. I will knit a gigantic shawl, one of them 5 footers...ok maybe next year on this one.

3. Knit from my stash. I'm not avoiding buying yarn (I love my LYS too much!) but I'll try to stick to the stash for several months at least.

4. Gift knitting. I'm a selfish Knitter, I admit it. I'll try to be better.

5. Try new yarns (umm, is this negated by #3?).

6. Knit from my pattern books. At least one pattern per book.

7. Work on some of the pattern designs floating around in my head!

8. Buy a good stitch dictionary (suggestions?) and use it! Most are divided into books of Knit and Purl, then Lace, then Cables so I don't know where to start!

9. Take Risks. (cough Victorian Lace Today cough) Frogging allowed.

10. Think before knitting. I chose a few projects last year that were more of a punishment than a joy to knit so I'll be a little more careful!

I'm excited for Knitting 2009! Stay tuned, Corona is practically flying off the needles!

No comments: