A few notes, if you feel so inclined, use butter instead of oil and add more sugar, this will make your muffins sweeter and more cake-like. Also, for some reason, whenever I omit the lemon zest I end up with a drier muffin which is a little odd, but something to consider.
At any rate, the recipe follows below:
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Makes: 24 regular size muffins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Grease muffins tins
3. Sift together into a medium sized bowl:
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour (use more a-p flour and less wheat for a more tender muffin)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
zest of one lemon
4. In a large bowl beat together:
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
5. Gently fold the "dry ingredients" (from step 3) into the "wet ingredients" (from step 4), adding additional milk if needed.
6. Fold in 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
7. Scoop batter into 24 muffins cups
8. Bake for 20-25 muffins (rotating muffin tins halfway through baking) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.