Tuesday, January 19, 2010


I've just finished up two large projects.

First is Audrey (technically I still have four ends to weave in, so I better work on that). I love love love the way this turned out! I'm hoping to get photos tomorrow to share with you. Thankfully the days are getting longer again, so it will be easier to get good photos.
The next FO is something that's a little new to me, it was a quick project, but the finishing took quite a while. Will hopefully share this by the weekend. ;)
I've also been doing a little sewing...I got this great book last weekend and have had a lot of fun looking through it and dreaming up some more sewing projects. I have to admit, I'm really on a patchwork kick right now. I doubt that I'll ever become much of a quilter (I'm not good at precision measuring!) but I love quilting. So for now, I'm sticking to small and managable projects.
I've also been inspired by some more projects from Pink Penguin , I think these pincushions are just adorable. I decided to use up some of my fabric scraps making something similar:
The word fabric is actually a bit of a selvage from one of fabrics. I love word fabrics in patchwork and since I haven't added any to my fabric stash yet, this worked out pretty well.
And this one is still a wip:
I wish the quilting was a bit more defined. I should probably invest in some better quality thread. I think a cotton would work out better than the polyester I'm currently using in my machine. I also need to think of something better than polyfill to stuff these with! My finished pincushion is very light, and I don't think I'll actually use it until I can figure out something heavier to stuff it with.
That's it for now! I'm working on a post about the Ravelympics as well...I have a lot of ideas for what I want to knit, so now I just need some help choosing!

1 comment:

Young Republican said...

Ellen (it's Erin)

I've got a suggestion for stuffing the pin cushions. I am pretty sure that the tomato shaped pin cushions that you buy at the store are stuffed with paper. That would be a bit heavier than batting and might be closer to the weight that you want.