Monday, July 14, 2008

Toe-up TOFUtsies


These were my first toe-up socks (and my first pair for SOS08, yay!). I cast on 10sts and increased to 66sts for the toe (62-64sts would have been better)...next time I think I'll cast on about 16sts to start. I worked these two-at-time on the magic loop, which worked just fine with toe-up.

Pattern: Toe-up (improvised)
Size: Women’s 9
Needle: Size 0 Addi
Yarn: South West Trading Company TOFUtsies (thanks to Tina for her leftovers!)



I worked a Women's 9 sock with a 2 1/4" cuff, I only needed about 44g of yarn (I had a few yds leftover).

The yarn was very similar to embroidery floss, but I didn't really notice splitting until I got to the short row wraps. Normally this kind of yarn isn't really my style, but I actually really like these socks. The yarn is nice to wear, I'll definitely wear these socks out soon. :)

BTW, sorry about the terrible photos. :P


1 comment:

misplacedpom said...

Yay! I'm glad the yarn worked out for you :)